Are you a Carer?
Family carers are people who, without payment, look after relatives, friends or neighbours who could not manage alone due to illness, disability, old age, mental health needs or substance dependency.
Despite their huge voluntary contribution to society many family carers experience significant disadvantages as a result of their caring role.
Croft Medical Centre is working in partnership with The Carers Trust ensure this does not happen to our patients.
Carer Clinics at Croft Medical Centre
Carers can book an appointment in a Carer Clinics clinic to receive numerous kind of help. Please call 01926 421153 to book a 30 minute appointment.
- Offering a Wellbeing Check – an opportunity to talk through your individual situation and help you plan to deal with your caring role while maintaining your own wellbeing
- Identifying training to help you in your caring role
- Accessing discounted services
- Providing an Emergency Card
- Identifying, or providing, support groups, to put you in touch with other carers, either face-to-face or virtually
- Providing up-to-date information about local services and how to access them
- Sending out regular e-bulletins
- Providing information and advice about issues that concern family carers, including:
- National and local organisations offering information and support
- Local health and social care services
- Relief care
- Aids and adaptations
- Your rights at work
- CRESS service funded by Warwickshire County Council